Infinity (and beyond!)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infinity (and beyond!)

Welcome to Infinity :)A site for ALL the people. For support for mentalness, but also for all the other fun that is to be had on the interwebz. Come on in!

2 posters

Hearing things

Rohinald
    Rohinald

Hearing things Empty Hearing things

Post by Rohinald Mon May 13, 2013 2:47 am

I'm reluctant to post this because its such a little thing (and I hope to God it stays that way) but it's spooked me. I've heard things like screams and people saying my name a fair bit for about a year or so. But I've always found an explanation, even if it is far-fetch'd (i.e. common name, drunk youths, somebody falling over etc)

But today I heard my nephew's voice, his footsteps, and my mum saying 'good boy'. She claims to have enever said it, he wasn't hiding, and he wasn't napping. So the only logical explanation is that he wasn't here (Which makes sense because he's poorly and his mum doesn't let him out of her sight when he's ill). But why did I hear him/my mum talking to him?

It seems like such a trivial thing to get worked up about but I don't like it. It was real. But if he wasn't here, it couldn't have been real and I can't get an excuse for this >.< I have no idea what the purpose of this was other than to get it out because I'm not fucking crazy but it was real and keeping it in will make me crazy and I don't even know anymore.
    Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Hearing things Empty Re: Hearing things

Post by Stachelschwein Mon May 13, 2013 4:29 am

This is a very unhelpful reply, but I just wanted to say that I'm totally sane and I sometimes (mainly when I'm dozing off) hear my mum's voice, and she is quite firmly 270 miles away! That's weird for me, as I have NONE of the hearing voices issues, but I guess just sometimes our imagination creates sound as well as images?

I don't even know what I'm rambling about. Basically you're not crazy!

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:04 pm