Infinity (and beyond!)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infinity (and beyond!)

Welcome to Infinity :)A site for ALL the people. For support for mentalness, but also for all the other fun that is to be had on the interwebz. Come on in!

4 posters

Trying to nom enough calories!

Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Trying to nom enough calories! Empty Trying to nom enough calories!

Post by Stachelschwein Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am

Background for anyone who hasn't already stalked my life- I recovered from anorexia last summer, lost weight accidentally over Christmas due to illness, and am now back slightly out of the anorexia range and have NONE of the appetite.

Aside from occasional body dysmorphic issues, I really do want to gain a couple of kg to get to a healthy weight but it's hard when I'm never hungry. I don't think I always get to 2000 calories a day, and the ease at which I could do ALL the restricting again if I stopped trying so hard to maintain to is kinda scary. I also have no idea what humans eat for evening meal. Any ideas for high-calorie evening meals I could try? I've had a lot of McDonald's recently because Monopoly stickers and it's an easy way to get a substantial amount of calories into me, but I can't have that ALL the days!

Also, thoughts on the numbers/implied numbers in this post? Too much? I'm still pondering the ED rules, and would be pleased to get some input from others! Smile
    Nazi Bitch

Trying to nom enough calories! Empty Re: Trying to nom enough calories!

Post by Nazi Bitch Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am

I think saying 2000 calories instead of RDA is totally fine. Like, people would know that numeber anyway???

I know it has been suggested to you a number of times already: how about liquid calories? I think you have tried that, but how did that work for you? I know that in Lana Land you can get special stuff at pharmacies for people who don't eat well. It's high in calories and also in nutrional value. Though I also know it's kind of expensive too. [One of my friends relied on that drink when we were still in school and her weight dropped to a non-legit point because of eating shizzles, that's how I know about that.]
    Rohinald
    Rohinald

Post by Rohinald Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 pm

I won't pretend to be an expert here, but I'll do my best:)

Healthy snacks while revising are great. Tesco do an offer of 2 packs of pineapple chunks for £3 and they have a good snack level of calories&nutrition.
    High-calorie/energy breakfasts (museli?)(toast&jam?)
    Brown rise and salmon is a pretty nommish meal too

Please inform me if I am correct in my thinking of these being good suggestions Razz

Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am

^she's allergic to pineapple!

I'm not sure if me suggesting anything at this point would be okay considering I've been a troll, but I'm proud of you. And I would support you going to your GP with a request for those drink things whilst you have free 'scripts.

What do you think would help?
    Maybe like a schedule? With a meal plan that's like:

9am - breakfast: have X Y or Z
    12pm snack - have A B or C
    2pm Lunch - Have D or E

And so forth with a meal plan that adds up to at least the RDA, or more if you want to gain? So that way you can look up and see, 'well doesn't matter if I'm not hungry, eating X is in the schedule and I will' and then if you get hungry outside of those times you can eat what you chose.
    Rohinald
    Rohinald

Post by Rohinald Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 am

Your GP could refer you to OT/Dietician to help with meal plan suggestions etc.
    Although I imagine, if you want the liquid drinks, you'll need a dietitian referral anyway?

Allergic to pineapple? How interesting!
    Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am

I like the dietician Idea.
    Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Post by Stachelschwein Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:40 am

Ooh, ALL the replies; thank you!
    Lana- I have fruit juices in stock, and try to drink lots of that. With the over the counter pharmacy drink thingies I find they have no more calories than smoothies, fruit juice etc. But maybe different ones will be available on prescription?
    Chelsey- I am indeed allergic to pineapple, for no apparent reason Razz But brown rice is a fantastic suggestion- I love brown rice! (I'd forgotten I liked it, after spending so long claiming not to like rice due to ED trollage.)
    Jodie- I may well try a chart. Much as I love charts, they kind of make me anxious because I know I have to follow them and I can work myself up into a state if I know it's approaching a time when I have to eat and I feel full/nauseous.

My GP was consulting the ED people to get their advice, and didn't want to just put me on olanzapine without their input, and I need to go back to the doctor soon, so I shall ask about that again, as well as prescription beverages and dietician (I awkwardly recovered before ED services got round to remembering that they'd told me I was going to get to see a dietician).

Thanks again folks for all your responses and for listening to my ramblings Smile
    Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:57 am

Make an appointment soon? I can come with you if you'd like?
    Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Post by Stachelschwein Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

After this batch of exams I'll ring to make an appointment Smile
    Thank you <3
    Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Sat May 18, 2013 10:17 am

Can we offer you any more support?
    <3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:10 am