Infinity (and beyond!)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infinity (and beyond!)

Welcome to Infinity :)A site for ALL the people. For support for mentalness, but also for all the other fun that is to be had on the interwebz. Come on in!

2 posters

Wound interference?

Rohinald
    Rohinald

Wound interference?  Empty Wound interference?

Post by Rohinald Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:52 am

I'm not sure if this can be answered without tip-sharing but I'd be greatful if somebody could give it a shot.

What happens if you prevent a wound from healing? I've icked scabs and whatever, and they've healed it's just taken longer. But I have a gaping would that I keep pulling apart/making worse and preventing healing in ways I won't go into/ But the body's natural reaction is to try and close the wound. And yet, it can't stay open forever...

What happens? Will it heal as a massive hole in my arm? oO
    Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Wound interference?  Empty Re: Wound interference?

Post by Stachelschwein Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm

You'll most likely get an infection.

Why are you interfering with the wound so much? Are you willing to try to engage in something to help reduce the interference temptation?
    Rohinald
    Rohinald

Post by Rohinald Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I already have an infection &am taking antibiotics for it.
    I was messing with it because they steri-stripped it, but it didn't close properley so I could still see in it and it looked green, which made me.. idk. Like, if I took of the steri strips & reopened the wound, it could start again?

Also because it saves the hassle of finding space for a new wound elsewhere >.<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm