Infinity (and beyond!)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infinity (and beyond!)

Welcome to Infinity :)A site for ALL the people. For support for mentalness, but also for all the other fun that is to be had on the interwebz. Come on in!

3 posters

Damage control now, or not?

Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Damage control now, or not? Empty Damage control now, or not?

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:32 am

Sorry to post woe.

I'm stuck. Urges to SH have been bad for a while. I don't know whether damage control and doing it now/soon is a good idea, or leave it and hope that I don't dissociate and do it (which is likely, given my history around this time). The urges of things I want to do are really really bad, so if I gave in to them, I would be doing less damaging things than what I 'should'/have to do. So there is no guarantee it will be 'enough' for him.

I don't know. I'm sorry.
    Rohinald
    Rohinald

Damage control now, or not? Empty Re: Damage control now, or not?

Post by Rohinald Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

If there's no guarantee that it will quell the urges/satisfy what He wants, then I'd suggest keep going darl. Ask those around you to keep a close eye, speak to your care-co etc about the urges & your fear that you may disaccociate?

Hope you find the strength you need Xx
    Stachelschwein
    Stachelschwein
    Admin

Post by Stachelschwein Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 pm

^her care-coordinator sucks. Dissociation would be preferable to talking to her Razz

I think it would be a massive success over the gentleman if you could keep going and get past next Tuesday without engaging in behaviours. It would be really fucking hard but I think it would be an important step forward in helping you feel like actually you are in control now, and other people, imaginary or otherwise can't do things to you or make you do things to yourself that you don't want to do.

If you want to try to fight it, even if not ALL the way until Tuesday, maybe just for today, then I'm here and we can work out plans to keep you safe from dissociation.

Saying all that, I'm aware that I have really no clue about how hard this is for you, and know that I will still love you and care for you if you decide that damage limitation is for the best now.
    Jack'sBrokenMind
    Jack'sBrokenMind

Post by Jack'sBrokenMind Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:52 am

Thankyou.
    I'm stuck. I feel stuck.
    Rohinald
    Rohinald

Post by Rohinald Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm

How are things now? x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 pm